Pages

Delivering a Safer Victoria

After spending all day in court for Auckland Council v Occupy Auckland CIV-2011-004-2497, I feel like I want to try and keep the discussion around #Occupy going. But I'm bloody tired.

So here's an idea... I'll tell a story using video. It's a story about Occupy Melbourne.

The Melbourne occupation started on October 15 – the same day as Occupy Auckland – the Global Day of Action:


That video shows a very similar story to what we've seen in Auckland and around the world.

On October 21, the Melbourne Police moved in:


Not to be defeated, a small group of the Occupiers found a novel way to continue to push their message, without setting up camp. This video from December 3:


That video made its way around the world. When I first saw it, it put a smile on my face. Say what you will about the Occupy movement, that was just a good laugh. Unfortunately someone had to be the butt of the joke, and here it was the Melbourne Police and the local authority.

As it turns out, they don't take a joke very well. This video from December 5:


I have no fucking words.

0 comments:

Post a Comment